Posts for tag: Preventive Dentistry
Find out more about the preventive dentistry services we offer children here in Yorba Linda, CA.
Keeping your child’s teeth and gums healthy doesn’t have to be difficult. While maintaining good oral health in your little one does start at home, it’s equally as important that you are visiting our Yorba Linda, CA, pediatric dentist Dr. Jaclyn Bae every six months for dental checkups and cleanings. Here’s why preventive dentistry is particularly important for your growing child.
Reduce your child’s risk for dental issues
This is probably the number one reason parents bring their children into our pediatric dentist’s office here in Yorba Linda, CA, every six months. After all, it’s far easier (not to mention, more cost-effective) to provide the care your child needs regularly to prevent enamel erosion, cavities, and gum disease rather than just treating the problem once it arises.
Since many dental issues have also been linked to chronic and potentially serious health problems such as diabetes and heart disease, keeping your child’s smile healthy could also reduce their risk for other problems.
Catch problems early on
While preventive dentistry is geared toward preventing dental problems altogether, sometimes cavities and other issues can still arise. Luckily, when they do, our Yorba Linda CA dental team can catch them early, as long as you are bringing your child in twice a year for checkups and cleanings.
Preventive dentistry practices are surprisingly easy to follow
Preventive dentistry begins with you and your little one. Luckily, preventive practices are fairly easy to adhere to. These practices include:
- Using fluoride toothpaste on your child’s teeth to keep them strong and to prevent decay
- Flossing once a day and brushing twice a day
- Replacing your child’s toothbrush at least two times every year
- Eating a healthy, whole diet that is very low in sugar
- Visiting the dentist twice a year (this includes annual x-rays)
- Getting fluoride treatment or dental sealants from your dentist to reduce the risk for cavities
- Getting a custom mouthguard from your dentist if your child is going to play sports
If it’s time to schedule your child’s first dental cleaning or next routine checkup with our Yorba Linda, CA, pediatric dentist, call Sunshine Pediatric Dentistry at (714) 660-1890 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jaclyn Bae.